Thursday, September 2, 2021

Arrays and Quilts at Benny's!

Benny has been exploring arrays in different ways at home. 

Here we have Benny making arrays out of seedling punnets which he has planted sunflower seeds in. Benny wrote, "We have 12 punnets each punnet has 12 seeds in it, so hopefully we have 144 sunflower plants germinate." I love how you are using your maths to help you figure out how many sunflowers will grow!

Benny has also been working on his quilt. He wrote, "My family and me are painting these squares for the quilt. I have 3 rows across and 4 columns down so have 12 painted squares so far for my quilt." 

What fantastic learning Benny, well done!



7 comments:

  1. Great photos of your learning Benny. Whew! what a lot of sunflower seeds you have planted, I hope they all germinate - they will look beautiful when they flower. The painted squares for your quilt look amazing - great arrays to help you with your multiplication and repeated addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that Sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers. Do you remember when we planted them in our Ruaumoko garden last year! It is such a lovely day today for planting seeds. I wonder how long the seeds will take to germinate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Benny! What amazing maths thinking you are doing! That will be a lot of sunflowers. I noticed how you set the seedling punnets up in rows and columns like the quilt squares. I wonder whether we could write your thinking as multiplications (times tables)? I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your quilt squares. They are so lovely and colourful! How many more squares do you have to add to have 24 altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used seedling pots - Zara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers Benny. We had some growing in our Ruaumoko garden. Did you see them?
    You have also been busy with the quilt squares.
    Mrs Tearney

    ReplyDelete